Do you ever feel like your day grabs you by the hair and just pulls you through it?
I used to feel like that almost every day. It was as though I had no control, I simply responded to one deadline after another. And at the end of the day, what had I accomplished? I had kept my head barely above water at work, made sure that my kids were clean and fed, and then fallen into bed to rest up for the next day of demands.
You, too? Not a good feeling, is it?
For me, the key to turning around this chaotic existence was to take control of my early morning. By creating a few non-negotiable daily rituals, I could accomplish the most important tasks first. Instead of letting the demands of the day dictate to me, I can now determine how my day unfolds (mostly).
Here are my seven morning rituals. Yours may look different. My point is, master your morning, and the day will follow!
Tip #1 – Begin the night before
Visualize what you want tomorrow to look like, and make a plan. Exercise will be on your agenda tomorrow morning.
- Lay out your workout clothes tonight.
- Pull out your work clothes and your kids’ clothes, too.
- Pack lunches and place them in the fridge. You will save so much time tomorrow if you don’t have to argue about what your daughter wants to wear to school or eat for lunch. And you’re more likely to exercise if your gear is right there, ready to go.
- An hour or so before bedtime, begin winding down.
- Stop checking email, Facebook, etc. and put your electronic devices to sleep.
- Take a warm bath or shower and climb into bed knowing that you have done your best today.
Get all 7 tips on Write Away Mommy
Want to know more? You can find the entire post over on Jewel Eliese’s website for moms who write, Write Away Mommy. I’m honored to be a contributor to her site!
Please leave me a comment over on her blog letting me know which tips you’re going to start incorporating into your life. What rituals do you currently have that we could also benefit from! Head there now and let us know!