When you’re pregnant, breakfast is an especially important meal. You are using energy a little faster, so after an overnight fast, you need something nourishing to eat.
Sometimes, though, you are in a rush and don’t have time to prepare traditional eggs and bacon. These “muffins” are single servings of eggs and bacon, with a little spinach for vitamins and fiber, and some cheese for extra flavor. You can make these a dozen at a time, and heat one or two quickly in the microwave. Voila! Breakfast on the go.
- 12 large eggs
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 ounces baby spinach leaves, chopped (a large handful)
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (or gruyere, cheddar, goat cheese, or crumbled feta)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl.
- Add chopped bacon, chopped green onion, chopped spinach, cheese, salt, and pepper. Mix on low speed until combined.
- Spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray. Spoon egg mixture into the muffin pan. This recipe will make 12 “muffins.”
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. The eggs will be firm on top and slightly browned.
- Cool and wrap individually if making these ahead. Heat for 20-30 seconds and enjoy!