Chicken thighs are the tastiest part of the chicken. Here is a stupid-easy dinner recipe that requires only one pan.
Marinate this ahead of time either the morning of or the night before, for the juiciest result. This serves 4 hungry people and can be scaled up or down easily.
Ingredients for the chicken:
- 8 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin on
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3-4 stems of rosemary
- 3-4 sprigs thyme
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
For the vegetables:
- 6 medium carrots
- 4 medium Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 medium yellow or white onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- Place the chicken thighs in a shallow bowl or plastic bag.
- Add olive oil, rosemary, thyme, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Slice the lemon and throw that in, too. Seal or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour or up to 24 hours.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel carrots and slice in half crosswise. Chop potatoes into 1-inch pieces. Chop the onion coarsely.
- Place vegetables in a large bowl. Add the olive oil and other ingredients. Toss everything together.
- On a large cookie sheet covered with parchment paper, place the chicken pieces. Space them out.
- Fill in the spaces with your chopped vegetables. Sprinkle everything with some kosher salt and black pepper.
- Place the pan in the oven. Roast for 30-40 minutes, until chicken juices are clear and the vegetables are fork-tender.
- Remove the chicken pieces to a large plate, surround with the vegetables, and marvel and how easy and delicious this was!