Spring has sprung, but the nights are still cool. Slow cooker meals are so nice to come home to. Here’s a delicious, warming, and time-saving recipe for beef short ribs that are so easy but will make you look like a star!
- 4-5 pounds beef short ribs, excess fat trimmed off
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and large diced
- 4 medium potatoes (red potatoes or Yukon golds are good here)
- 4 cups beef broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tb brown sugar
- 2 Tb Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 2 Tb chopped rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place the ribs on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, you can chop your vegetables. Place chopped carrots, potatoes, and onion into slow cooker.
- Place the ribs on top of the vegetables. Try to put them in a single layer, so everything will be covered with your liquid.
- In a large bowl, stir together beef broth, minced garlic, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and rosemary. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low heat 8-10 hours.
You can serve this immediately or cool it for 30 minutes and skim off some of the fat. The meat will be falling off the bone tender. With the carrots, onions, and potatoes, this is an entire family meal.