I just love dinners that I can prepare in a single sheet pan. Clean-up is so easy, and the meal itself is uncomplicated. Here is a salmon dinner that is a little sweet, a little tangy, and lot tasty.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1 1/2 pound salmon fillet (or individual fillets)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 lemon
- Kosher salt, black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350. Cover a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Cut the tough lower stems from the asparagus. Spread the asparagus on the sheet pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and bake for 5 minutes – the asparagus has to cook a little longer than the salmon, so it needs a head start.
- While the asparagus is baking, prepare the salmon: rinse and pat dry the salmon fillet. Combine the mustard and honey and spread over the salmon.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven, scoot the asparagus to the sides of the pan, and place the salmon in the middle, skin side down, the honey-mustard side facing up. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Put the pan back in the oven and bake for another 15 minutes or so, until the thickest part of the salmon reads 145 degrees and the asparagus is tender.
- Cut the lemon in half and sprinkle the entire dish with lemon juice.
Dinner is served! Salmon and asparagus are both wonderful with mustard, honey, and lemon. Or switch out the asparagus for whatever vegetables you have in the crisper – sweet potatoes, potatoes, squash, carrots. Just remember, cut them in uniform-sized pieces so that they cook evenly.
You can add a salad or some steamed vegetables and some fresh fruit to round out the meal. Yum!