I just love dinners that I can prepare in a single sheet pan.
Clean-up is so easy, and the meal itself is uncomplicated. Here is a salmon dinner that is a little sweet, a little tangy, and a lot tasty. Now that my daughters are living on their own, they make this dish, substituting the vegetables as they like.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1 1/2 pound salmon fillet (or individual fillets)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 lemon
- Kosher salt, black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400. Cover a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Cut the tough lower stems from the asparagus. Spread the asparagus on the sheet pan, sprinkle with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and bake for 5 minutes – the asparagus has to cook a little longer than the salmon, so it needs a head start.
- Prepare the honey mustard sauce by combining in a small bowl and mixing thoroughly.
- While the asparagus is baking, prepare the salmon: rinse and pat dry the salmon fillet.
- Once the asparagus has baked for 5 minutes, remove the sheet pan from the oven. Scoot the asparagus to the sides of the pan, and place the salmon in the middle, skin side down.
- Spread the honey mustard sauce over the salmon. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper.
- Put the pan back in the oven and bake for another 15 minutes or so, until the thickest part of the salmon reads 145 degrees and the asparagus is tender.
- Cut the lemon in half and sprinkle the entire dish with lemon juice.
Dinner is served!
Salmon and asparagus are both wonderful with mustard, honey, and lemon. Or switch out the asparagus for whatever vegetables you have in the crisper like sweet potatoes, potatoes, squash, carrots, zucchini, broccoli, or broccolini.
Just remember, cut them in uniform-sized pieces so that they cook evenly.
You could even boil up some brown rice, quinoa, or pasta and serve with olive oil.
Add a side salad or some steamed vegetables for the main course or as an appetizer. Enjoy some fresh fruit for dessert to round out the meal. Yum!
If you loved this recipe and want more like it, be sure to download my other easy and healthy sheet pan recipe below!