My first foray into live events was a couple of weekends ago, and it was a fun learning experience for everyone involved!
Five of the nicest participants imaginable came to my house on a Saturday morning.
We began at the dining room table with introductions, coffee, Bloody Marys, and spiced walnuts.
Well done! Cinnamon rolls are ready to go.
Then on to the kitchen, where we started our cinnamon rolls, had a lesson in knife skills, cooked individual frittatas, and made a simple vinaigrette dressing with fresh raspberries. After rolling up our cinnamon roll dough and slicing it into rolls, we were ready to sit down and enjoy the delicious meal that we had made.
I learned some important lessons (like hire a dishwasher!), but all things considered, the day went exceptionally well. I am planning future events and projects, like:
- Yoga by the pool – a relaxing morning yoga class and meditation, followed by a breakfast class – maybe yogurt parfaits with homemade strawberry granola?
- Afternoon tea – aside from brunch, afternoon tea is my favorite occasion for eating. Fresh scones, lemon curd, mixed berry jam, and lots of finger sandwiches!
- Meal prep – how to make five days of lunches from one chicken and a few simple ingredients. Complete with divided containers.
- Super Sunday dinners – how to make family dinners memorable. From the blessings to the meal to conversation topics for all ages, we will prepare food and talk about creating rituals and family traditions.
- Planning a party – having parties can be scary, but with a few crowd-pleasing snacks and hilarious activities, you can host a great party!
Be on the lookout for new classes this year. Special pricing and early access to tickets will be available to email subscribers first. So be sure to sign up on my private email list so you can get first dibs on your seat at the next class!
What do you think? Do any of these ideas sound intriguing?
Where do you struggle in the kitchen or with meal planning? I would appreciate feedback and ideas for gatherings. What would make you interested in attending?